Keeppower 16650 2000mAh (Black)
- 16650 2000mAh Protected Rechargeable Battery
- Min Capacity: 2000mAh
- Typical Capacity: 2100mAh
- Normal Voltage: 3.7V
- Quality Lithium Ion rechargeable cell
- In Built Safety Circuitry
- Protection Circuit (Against overcharge, over discharge, over current and short-circuit.)
- 4.3 volts max voltage and 3.6-3.7 volts nominal voltage
This battery is a 16650, i.e. it the diameter is less than 18650 batteries, this makes it a good battery for 2xCR123 substitution in lights that are to tight for a 18650.
To get the full capacity from the battery it must be charged with a 4.3 volt charger.
The protection PCB restrict the current to somewhere between 2 and 3A continuous load.
The protection PCB stops this test premature.
The batteries can hand about 3.3A for a short time.
Test with 4.2 volt charging
When charged on a 4.2 volt charger, there is about 80mAh capacity loss.
The battery size is interesting and can be useful and because it is a new generation LiIon it has better capacity than 17670 batteries, even when only charged to 4.2 volt. As long as it is used to replace CR123 batteries, the current limit will seldom be a problem.
All in all I will rate it as a good battery.